Thursday, May 22, 2014

Coup d'etat!

A coup d'etat was declared in the LOS today after talks broke down between dissenting parties.  I think a lot of Thais welcomed the move and it seems to bother more people living outside Thailand than those in the country.   A survey claimed 75% of the people supported the implementation of Martial Law.  Reference here:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-shows-75-percent-people-support-martial-law/


If I were the General, I would have done the same thing.  In fact, I would go one step further.  Since I have detained all the party leaders and players (except maybe Taksin) as part of the Coup, I would lock them all up in the same room and tell them they can't come out until they reach an agreement.  If they wanna fight and duke it out, let them have at it.  At least its the politicians getting killed or beat up instead of the Thai people.  I think the country is sick and tired of all the turmoil and this a unique time in Thai history for a major change.

I'm not in favor of all the censorship of TV stations and press, the curfews, etc., but if its necessary to get the job done, then lets get it started so that this won't inconvenience people too long.  

As for the leaders, I think one large cell block would be the perfect conference room for negotiations.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music