Monday, June 2, 2014

Just like the old days.......

It was just like the old days.  Plane landed at 11:50AM,  I was through immigration and out with my bags and in a taxi in 20 minutes.  Within an hour I was in my condo and 90 minutes later I was surfing the net.  It was shades of the old days, good for me, but not so good for the LOS tourism business.  Yes, it was a Sunday and traffic was light, but the airport was very quiet and about 1/3 of its normal craziness.  There were plenty of taxis and they were all pooled up and ready for customers.  People are still happy and smiling and all seems normal except for the lack of people.

Its a great time to come to the LOS as there was no signs of the army except for one little checkpoint on the side of the road on the Rama IX highway back into the city.  They didn't stop anyone and they were just relaxing and sitting around under the shade to keep cool.  Around town, there was some excitement around the malls and especially Terminal 21, but I decided to take a nap and spend time with Marina and B instead so it didn't affect me at all.  Supposed to meet Bangkok buddy tomorrow.

Now, I'm wide awake at 2AM so its time for a quick post and a return to bed.  Ah the sweet mango....Its good to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music