Thursday, July 3, 2014

Busy Bangkok Day

Got back to the big mango yesterday and fell asleep early.  It was going to be a full day today.

Started out this morning with my walk at 6AM in Lumphini and then it was some breakfast before heading off the the US Embassy for some documents.  Not too bad a wait as I had completed my form online ahead of time and just had to sign in front of embassy personnel to complete the form.  Incidentally, the cost for an affidavit of Income is $50 USD -- I guess someone has to pay for all those high priced consulate employees on assignment here in the land of smiles.  

Back home for a bit and then it was off to the tailor for my suit fitting.  I'm having a suit made for a wedding I am attending in the Bay Area later this month.   Since the traffic was bad, I decided to take my motorbike.  It was the worst I've seen in a long while and while I was weaving through traffic, I decided to do a dumb thing by trying to ride on the sidewalk.  It turned out to be a mistake as somehow I caught an uneven hole and tipped my bike over from the sidewalk onto the street.  It was at slow speed tip so no harm or foul except for some roughed up plastic on the slider. No harm to me except a little scratch on my elbow and I was wearing a helmet so no brains were left on the pavement.   It was more embarrassing than painful as I had to pick up my bike in the traffic jam with everyone watching.  Finally made it to the tailor and got fitted and back home safely.  Moral of the lesson...the sidewalks of Bangkok are not good places to walk on much less to ride a motorbike!

From there, it was a meeting with Bangkok Buddy to catch up on things.  He is doing well and has lost about 20 lbs, which is great for his control over his diabetic condition.  We met  at a coffee shop down in the Silom district where there are prime seats for ogling the pretty office girls getting on and off the MRT.  Soft window seats, good aircon, decent coffee, and a spectacular view...hanging out place at it finest.

We went our merry ways at around 5PM and then it was home for me and dinner.  Tomorrow I have to get up early and go to the immigration office for my retirement visa extension.   Can't believe its another year here in the LOS...but time does fly when you are having fun.  Life is still grand in the land of smiles.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter