Thursday, July 10, 2014

Getting ready



All my bags are packed

I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die..


These lyrics are so appropriate when you are going away on a trip.  I wanted the night to last forever yesterday and didn't want to sleep as I felt Marina sleeping next to me.  I know that I will miss her a lot, even though its just a three week trip.  I've become very attached to my little girl, and knowing that she will know I'm away is even harder.

But life must go on, and Kali-forn-i-a awaits and the sooner I get there, the sooner I can get my stuff done and then I can come back.  

Got Vanna all scrubbed and cleaned this morning and she is all covered up for the trip.  Also, my motorbike, Victor, got his covering all done as well.  Now, its just a few last minute details, a quick shower, and then a trip to the airport.  I love these late afternoon flights and won't have to leave for the airport until noontime.

Last post on this side of the bookend.  More when I get back to the bay area.
Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving On A Jet Plane (Remastered LP Version)

Powered by www.Mp3Olimp.net


1 comment:

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter