Friday, September 26, 2014

Crazy few days

Its been a crazy few days for me as I try to wrap up business and get ready for the jump back over to the land of smiles.  Ten more days to go ...yeah!  We had our first rain storm of the season and the roads were a mess yesterday. The commute hour was total gridlock going into the city because of an officer involved shooting right in the middle of the downtown area.  Fortunately I did not have to go into the city, but being near the bridge, my travels were impeded all day long.

Couple of items in the post today.  First, I had a chance to go to the range to test out my new Glock 34, gen 3.  Its been in jail since I returned to register it  and I finally got a chance to pick it up yesterday.  After taking it apart and lubing it, I took it to the indoor range for a workout.  The Glock 34 is chambered in 9mm and is a favorite among competitive shooters.  I put about 50 rounds through it and was a bit disappointed.  The sights were off - to be expected with a new gun, but more disappointing was that the groups were very large - even at 10 yards.  Whether its because it was new or something else, its probably the least accurate gun I own at the present time.  I gave up after 50 rounds and decided to go home..it was that bad!  Going to break it down again and check out the specs to see why it performing so poorly.






For those that are bit older and live in the Bay Area, do you remember Laughing Sal?  I was in Santa Cruz over the weekend and ran into her.  Once a resident of Playland at the Beach, Sal scared and entertained people for years.  I remember seeing her when I was a kid and always felt a bit scared and funny at the same time.  She is a classic and I'm glad they have preserved her for another generation of kids and people to enjoy.  She is now on the Boardwalk just behind the arcade.



Planing to go to the archery range today between the rain storms to test out a few things and prepare for the last full weekend on this end of the bookend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music