Thursday, September 18, 2014

Inflation and sticker shock

On my return to California, I had to do some grocery and basic supplies shopping.  What I thought was a quick trip to Target ended with a single large grocery bag (which you must now supply on your own) and me $50 poorer.  For the same amount, I could have gotten a whole shopping cart full of stuff in the Land of Smiles and some lunch at the food court too!

So for those of you that don't think all this monetary stuff is robbing you with your eyes open, here is a graphic from The Burning Platform  on how much the dollar has devalued.  How many of you are old enough to remember some of these things?  And what of the old lady that hid her money under the mattress ?  Well she's broke now.

Can't wait to get back to the LOS and get some real stuff for my money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music