Sunday, September 14, 2014

jet lagged......

One of the things that I hate about traveling back and forth between the land of smiles and California is Jet Lag.  It affects some people more than others, but I think I'm one that gets affected a lot.  Some times it takes me a week or more to get my sleep cycle back and during the whole time, I feel weak, light headed, and sleepy all the time.  I don't see how the guys that visit the big mango all the time do it -- except maybe they stay in an elevated party mode all the time and then crash afterwards when they get home.  

I've been forcing myself to stay awake during the day, but it hasn't helped me to sleep through the night yet.  In fact, its 2 AM as I am posting this blog as I just woke up after about 4 hours of sleep.  I read that melatonin can help so I'm going over to CVS or Walgreens for some tomorrow and will give it a try.  You can get it off the shelf as its considered a supplement here in the US and not subject to a prescription.  

In the meantime, the weather has been great in the Bay Area.  Its Indian Summer time, which boasts some of the best weather of the year.  Ran errands, delivered  gifts and goods, and visited some properties the last two days.  Had a chance to see my godmother, who is going to turn 95 this November.  Five more years, and she would live to be a century old.  Many of us are just glad to make it 1/2 of the way there.

More in a few days after I feel better and have more energy for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music