Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Loy Krathong is early this year.....


Seems like Loy Krathong is early this year.  I normally expect to see it around the 2nd or 3rd week of November, but since it is a lunar type of holiday, it happens to be early this year.  Most places will offer festivals starting on the 7th of November, so the plans are for a quick turnaround next week and be back up here for Loy Krathong.  After that, its a few days in the mango and then I am off to California again for a two month stay.  I can't believe how quickly time passes by when I am on this side of the bookend.

Unfortunately, sky lanterns are BANNED in Bangkok, but OK up here 
What sparked the interest on the date this year was that they were already selling Krathongs up here in the country side.  When I saw them, I commented to myself...boy they are early...only to have the vendor tell us that LK is on November 6th, and that there are lot of activities planned up here in Chaiyaphum.  Where there are festivals and a holiday, there is business for us so it will be a busy weekend holiday.  We also happen to be right across the road from a favorite spot for locals.

Decided to stay another couple of days here in the resort now that the internet is back up.  Maybe back to the mango on Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter

Music