Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bringing a bow to gun fight?

As regular readers of this blog know, I've started to take up archery a few months back.  Both Bangkok buddy and I bought bows and we try to get out to the archery range when we can, to hone up our shooting skills.  We see archery as a sport and a fun thing to do for recreation.  We also see it as a potential survival tool..something for self defense and hunting for food.

But is it really practical as a means of self defense?  At my present skill level, I would say "absolutely not", but take a look at the following video.  I think this guy can take his bow to a gun fight and do quite well on any given day....plus the weapon is absolutely silent and lethal.   If I could only muster about 30% of this guy's skill and talent I could get into a lot of trouble......


As they say folks....don't do this at home.

In the meantime, its just target practice with paper targets and standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter