Monday, February 23, 2015

A bit of excitement last night

We had a bit of excitement last night and this morning.  B took my car over to visit her grandparents and niece around 7PM.  When she came back, they were unloading some stuff from the back of Vanna when they accidentally slammed the hatch shut with the keys still in the inside.  oops....


No one noticed until I went to get something out of the car and saw the cargo lights on.  After an unsuccessful scramble to find the keys, I noticed that they were still inside the car.  Now what?  I'm in the middle of Northern Thailand and my spare keys are at my condo in Bangkok.  Closest Isuzu dealer is 27 kms away and they are closed  until the morning.  There is no AAA service in the LOS.

After about an hour with the coat hangers, etc.  we decided to let it wait until the morning.  Our flashlight was attracting bugs and working in the dark wasn't very productive.  After looking at some videos on YouTube last night, I decided to give it another try in the morning.  After another 30 minutes, I figured that a coat hanger was not the tool to push buttons with.  It was too flexible.  I had to find something else.

Inspiration came when I saw a broken arrow shaft on the ground near the target we set up at the back of the resort.  That did the trick as it was both stiff enough and small enough to fit between the window and the frame for me to push the lock release button.  5 minutes of trying and it was open!

Moral of the story....carry a spare car key when you are traveling around Thailand.  It doesn't take up much space and can avoid a ton of headaches should  you lock yourself out or god forbid...lose your keys.  I am making a set immediately today!

Plaza pictures:

Here are the latest pictures of the plaza as it stands as of this morning.  The area around the palm trees are done and the edges still need to be completed.  Maybe two more days of work.  

Starting to take share with middle mostly done



Another view

Tiles around the edge still need to be cut and finished

Hopefully the rest of the day will go smoothly.  Planning to go into town to look for mosquito netting for Barnaby and to visit Big C for some supplies for the week.  Also, Vanna is scheduled for her 80K KM maintenance.  Can't believe its already 80K...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter