Friday, August 28, 2015

Feeling so much better this morning


Wow, what a change.  The new medication and visit to BH really made a difference. All the blood tests came out fine and so did the Echogram and stress tests.   I had a very good night's sleep and feel great this morning.  In fact, I think I will resume my workout schedule again.  I stopped earlier in the week due to the heart palpitations, but as of yesterday they were gone and now I feel just like before.  

I am now on Concor or Bisoprolol, which is a beta blocker that slows down the heart without depriving it of the necessary oxygen and blood flow.  It used to reduce hypertension (High blood pressure.  Doctor only gave me a 7 day supply and have to go back for a followup test next week. I think he is going to evaluate arteries feeding/leaving the heart and other long term meds after the tests.  Doesn't think there are any issues, but best to be safe that sorry.   But in the meantime, its all systems go.  Today's blood pressure was 125/79 with pulse rate of 60.  


With that out of the way, I have a surprise special day planned for B and Marina.  They don't know it yet, but we are going to Snow Town.  Located on the 5th Floor of the Ekkamai Gateway Mall, it supposed to be Asia's largest indoor snow mall and snow town.  B has never seen snow and I know that Marina is in store for a giant surprise.  Marina loves Olaf from Disney's Frozen, and now she will get to experience snow and maybe a snowball fight for the first time.


Snow Town just opened last month, so its a really great place to take the family or someone special because snow in Bangkok is as rare as hen's teeth.

Pictures in a followup post.


One final note:  While it seems like I am doing a lot in my life (and I am), I don't feel any stress due to the activities...in fact I am happier and more stress free than working or just sitting at home.  I believe my high blood pressure was due to previous carry over stress when I was working and genetics.  Besides, I would rather die happy doing something I enjoy than and being a vegetable consumed by worry about my medical condition !  Life is always shorter than one thinks...get out and enjoy all it has to offer...especially here in the big mango




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!