Saturday, September 5, 2015

EVA Labor Day Sale...booked return tickets



I booked my return flight back to the mango this morning.  EVA has a labor day weekend sale going for San Francisco Area residents.  Link to the promotion here:

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/san-francisco/san-francisco-labor-day-specials.html

See summary chart below if you don't want to follow the link above.  There are restrictions, so check out the details if you are serious.



Ended up booking the Elite promo fare, and then took off even more of the fare with mileage credits.  The only downside is that I have to leave at 5:30pm from SFO and will get into BKK at 2:30AM.  It will be like the old days when I first started coming - getting into the airport at the wee hours of the night.  But back then, all the bars and venues were open late so it was OK.  Get in after midnight, check-in to the hotel, and off to Thermae or a late bar for some unwinding.  But its no longer the case...for either the venues, but more importantly, the body.  Just can't do it anymore like when I was a much younger buck..555

Anyhow, its the last weekend in the mango for a few weeks.  Plan on some shopping and then maybe do some archery tomorrow.  Not too much to pack nowadays, but I do have to bring back the bags so that they can be filled with goodies on the return trip.  Want to spend time with my daughter and B, as I know I'm going to miss them a lot.

Had a chance to meet up with some of the guys yesterday at the Friday night free buffet.  Great send off dinner with roast chicken and mashed potatoes.  Afterwards we wandered over to the lobby and sat for a while.  Discussed a variety of topics, including how to save the world from the evil powers that be...5555.  All kinda pointless for us little pawns in the big chess game of life.  But a relaxing day in the mango, and yes, life is still good here in the land of smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!