Monday, October 26, 2015

Today is the day

In a few hours, the shuttle will be downstairs to transport me to the airport for the big jump over to the other bookend.  In retrospect, it has been a good trip.  Six weeks to take care of some business, celebrate my sons birthdays, and do some shopping.  I even had a chance to go to Disneyland!   The weather was great as it was sunny, clear, and even hot for most of my stay.

Packing is done except for my toiletries and my remaining chores are to clean up the condo and cover my car before noon.  Did manage to get my bags closed up yesterday after a bit of repacking.  Now they looked very stuffed...555


Does your posterior end hurt when you ride over to the land of smiles?  Mine does if the seats are worn or old.  My tailbone will hurt and cause me to have to stand a bit near the end of the trip.  I will be trying out a new cushion for this trip.  Its called a Conformax Airmax "on the go" cushion.  Its gel impregnated and designed for long periods of sitting without 'hot spots' that make you sore.  Most expensive cushion I've ever purchased (got it cheaper on eBay), but around 11 hours into the flight, sometimes I think it worth any price to relieve the discomfort.  One word of advice...this cushion is heavy and that should be a consideration if you have limits on the weight of your hand carry.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Maybe some more from the EVA lounge at SFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!