Monday, February 22, 2016

Posting from the resort


Making this post from the resort after a busy weekend.  Left the mango this morning at around 8:30 AM, and arrived around 12:45 PM, so we made pretty good time as its a holiday and the traffic was very light leaving Bangkok.

The Breeze Restaurant at State Tower
I was busy all weekend as my guests took up my time on Saturday and yesterday I took a little trip to the archery range to check out  and tune my new bows.  Saturday activities went off well with a final sendoff  drink at the Sky Bar and a picture session at the beautiful ramp overlooking The Breeze restaurant.  They will be back one more time on Friday before leaving that night.  I think I will take them to MBK and Siam Paragon for any last minute shopping and some dinner before they get on the plane at midnight.  They will have lots of great memories and pictures and I am pretty sure they will come back for a longer stay.

Met up with Bangkok buddy yesterday at the archery range and we shot about 2 hours.  It was good to be out shooting arrows again, especially in shorts.  For the most part, I think my bows are almost there in terms of being tuned.  It takes a while for a new bow to be broken in, especially with string stretch, nocking point adjustments, and getting the brace height correct.  Lots of it is trial and error and after two hours, things seemed to have stabilized but it will be different again next time.

 Lastly, just checked out the fish in the ponds.  While I was away, B's father got the fish from the government center and started them in the ponds.  Also got a surprise as he also netted some of the fish installed from the trial we ran when we were just finishing the pond and it was filling with water.  Many of the initial batch of fish (about 1 thousand) didn't make it, but those that did are now pretty big.  I will post some pictures later or tomorrow morning, but he has a sweet set-up where we can go fishing for fun as we are raising the crop for harvest.  

More tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!