Thursday, July 21, 2016

Brown and Obama are the best gun salespeople in the world

Yep, they sure are.  

As soon as  Moonbeam Brown signed into law the prohibition of AR15s sales in California next year, I went out and bought me another one.  And I wasn't alone as reports have been coming in that gun stores and online retailers have not only sold out existing inventory, but all the orders that have yet to come in have been pre-sold as well.  If I were a gun maker, I would be running my factory overtime to get these orders filled as it will likely be very slow next year.  But things can change, like a winning injunction by the NRA or some other legislation that comes up that over rides the new laws. Both highly unlikely and thus the rush.

I decided this time to get one of the most popular AR15s on the market, the Colt AR-15 LE6920. This is the official civilian mill-spec version of the rifle issued by the US military, without the automatic fire option.  Contrary to the mainstream media, civilians cannot buy or own new automatic rifles. Under special conditions and with the proper permits, guns made before 1986 can be purchased from collectors.   All new civilian AR-15s publicly sold are semi-automatic or one bullet per pull of the trigger - just like any other rifle on the market, including the junior .22LR rifles used at scout camp.  Also, AR is not an abbreviation for "Assault Rife" or "Automatic Rifle".  Its an abbreviation for Armalite Rifle.  Its been called that since it was invented by the Armalite Rifle company back in the 1950s.  So when you hear the mainstream media talking heads yak about rifles, most have no clue as to what they are talking about.

From Wikipedia:
In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:
  • It must be an individual weapon
  • It must be capable of selective fire
  • It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle
  • Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine[5]
  • And it should have an effective range of at least 300 metres (330 yards)
Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles, despite frequently being called such.

An AR-15 aside from its looks and neat features, is basically like any other hunting rifle on the market.  In fact, it has lower power cartridge than a big hunting rifle.  So when you hear talking heads saying these are powerful weapons, they show their ignorance.  But for some, its a BIG BLACK Gun, so it must be scary.  So my choice of gun is this one.  It has the upgraded Magpul Digital Dessert furniture already installed at no extra cost.

See, its not all Black so it can't be scary anymore.
Anyway, it should be waiting for me at my firearms dealer when I get back.  This will complement my Colt competition version of the AR-15 in my safe and one that I can shoot a lot on the range.


Am I one of those crazy or weird people who own a ton of guns getting ready for a war?  No.  I just like target sports.  For example, my bow and arrows don't stand too much of a chance against someone with a rifle or handgun, but I enjoy shooting at targets on the range and out in the field.  I like to collect quality pieces of craftsmanship in both categories of guns and archery equipment.  But if I ever needed something for TEOTWAWKI self defense...I will have a variety of choices.

I hate you Brown and Obama.  I'm out of some spending money now that I bought me another rifle  - and likely too, that I will have to invest in another case of two of ammo since that is going to require background checks next year too,,,555


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!