Friday, November 18, 2016

Went into the "Office" today



I use to call this place my office a while back because I spent so much time here.  Since my hernia operation and my new interest in Archery, I haven't spent as much time as I wanted to on my other hobby - golf.  During my early years in the mango and even up to a couple of years ago, I came here on almost a daily basis.  It was a great form of exercise and was an inexpensive way to get better at the sport.

I would spend a couple of hours in the morning hitting balls and working on the swing, then go over to the Tesco Food Court next door and have lunch.  Yes...it was golfing heaven.

Anyway, I have a golf date in a couple of weeks with my Thai friends.  We haven't gotten together for over a year because of various health, business, and personal issues.  But this time, it seems like things are going to start up again for our monthly outings and I thought it would be fun to go out and hit some balls this morning.  The last time, I went out cold without any range time and shot a pretty decent score to my surprise.

Today's session was very productive and after the first 15 minutes or so, I was hitting the ball halfway decent again.  Even got my driver to hit the ball straight!  Obviously, I didn't have the sharpness in my wedges and the putter (where games are lost or won) didn't even come out of the bag.  

But it was definitely good exercise.  Think I will start coming out a couple of times a week in addition to archery and working out at the gym.  That should keep me in really good shape for the time being.  I have to go back to Kalifornia in late December because it looks like January will be the likely target date for my heart valve repair surgery and I want to be in the best shape possible before I go into the operating room.  It will hopefully shorten the recovery period so that I can get back to the land of smiles as quickly as possible.

Anyway, its time for the free buffet. First one in a couple of months as the last was before my trip to Kalifornia in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter