Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Going away for some golf

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am scheduled for a golf outing with my Thai friends the next couple of days.  I've played golf with these friends for nearly 15 years and love them dearly.  We use to play every month or when I was in the country, but due to health reasons and other commitments, we have not had a chance to play together for a while.  Its always a lot of fun as we, like many other golf buddies, have a little contest and bet going between us during the round.  But its not serious money since the maximum we can lose is 20 baht per hole, or a maximum of 100 baht.  The point is not the money, but the fun in the competition and camaraderie.  We enjoy a meal afterwards together and catch up on family and the latest news.  Without them, I would not have had the chance to see or experience so many places and courses in Thailand because I just wouldn't have known about them.

Today, I am meeting up with them at a resort where one of the players has become associated.  Its a high end resort and community near Khao Yai and very close to the golf course that we will be teeing off at.  By high end, I mean really high end, as the homes are in the 50-94 million baht range.  The link to the resort is here.   Its called Creston Hills.  We will be staying one night as guests so I will have some pictures to post when I get back.

This boat is at the left first Tee, which is a mandatory carry over the lake
Hole one...

Tomorrow we will play at Rancho Charnvee, which has become one of our favorites.  This is the same golf course that has its own landing strip for private planes and horse trails around the grounds. The nice thing is that this place is between Bangkok and our resort so its only about a two hour drive for everyone to meet.

I'll bring my plane next time...for a quick 9 holes
With only a couple of weeks left on this bookend, its good that I have a chance to see my friends again.  It may be a while before we can get together as I will likely not be back to the land of smiles until probably March unless I get an extremely fast recovery from my heart valve surgery.  I will have to wait for the doctor's clearance to travel and get back into active sports.  Whatever or where ever that road takes me, I will be ready to give it my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter