Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Going Upcountry

Leaving in about an hour to go upcountry for a few days.  Don't know how long until I get there and see what the situation is.  Having been away for nearly two months, I'm sure a lot has changed. Getting off to a late start because of my jetlag and getting a good workout yesterday at the archery range.

Met up with Bangkok buddy yesterday and shot arrows for about 2 hours.  It was the first time in more than two months because the weather conditions were so wet and lousy back in Kalifornia that the outdoor range there looked like a mud pond.   My new bow functioned flawlessly and I plan of using it a lot on this trip.  Even spent a bit of money to buy a new carry case as it didn't come with one.  Since it was a take-down, I carried it over wrapped in heavy paper inside my suitcase. 


Yesterday, it was rather warm and it drained us of strength quickly. A visit to Holly's at "The Street" was the perfect answer to rejuvenate our spirits and energy.  Hollys is fast becoming one of the favorite hangouts for the locals and they have some great coffee too.  I believe its a Korean originated chain but it definitely has taken the city by storm.


There are some coffee shops and restaurants (including a dim sum place) at The Street that are open 24 hrs a day for those that happen to be in this area in the wee hours of he night.  Ratchada is a very popular venue for a variety of reasons, one of which is rich nightlife.

More from the resort later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter