Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Last morning in the mango

Well, today is the day.  This afternoon I will board my plane to Kalifornia for an extended trip with lots of unknowns and definitely some challenges.  The real good news is that I was able to get a business class upgrade with my miles from Taipei to SFO.  I was at the point where I could lose as much as 50,000 miles had it not come through.  Now if only I can get that upgrade on my return from SFO, I would be in fat city.

So what is planned for the last morning?  For one thing, Vanna needs a car wash and needs to be covered up. My motorbike, Velda,  was washed yesterday and needs to be covered as well.  I have to leave instructions for the staff downstairs to shut off my water, plus I have to make sure my bags are all packed with everything I need.

Spent the last two days getting stuff to bring back.  Lots of gifts and snacks to tie me over when I am there.  Also took B to the dentist to get her teeth checked out as she is going upcountry and I don't trust the clinics up there.  I also had to do a lot of cleaning and laundry as I no longer have a maid.  Pond, may you rest in peace as I come to appreciate how much you have done for us over the years.  You don't fully appreciate your losses until you have to do a lot of the stuff yourself again!

Already took my morning walk through Lumphini Park.  Going to miss the place and the warm weather (not!) but the shoreline in Kalifornia will have its charms as I plan on a lot of walking during my rehab.

That's it for now.  Time for some breakfast and will report more from the airport.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!