Saturday, April 22, 2017

'Tis the last weekend in the mango.....

Yep.  This is my last weekend in the mango for a bit.  Tuesday is departure day and who knows what fate lies ahead for me.  Hopefully, it will be a joyous return in July with my heart all patched up and ready for another few more years.  I can't describe all the feelings that are running through my head right now, but there is a sense of calm inside with an occasional flash of reality that I might be gone as long as three months from home.  Will be missing Marina's 4th birthday and more than a quarter of Ella's first year.  Then there is B and the family and all the friends and good times in the land of smiles that I will take back with me.


I can't deny that there is also an occasional thought that this surgery is not totally risk free. When they crack open your chest and stop and restart your heart, there is definitely more risk than going out for an ice cream sundae.  But I try to quickly suppress those thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts and plans for the future.  Being prepared for any outcome has always been something I've worked hard to achieve for my entire adult life.  The motto "Prepare for the worse, hope for the best" is always the way that has worked best for me through many critical times.  

So this weekend, I am planning lots of family time and a bit of shopping.  Might also start packing tonight so that I won't be rushed on Monday.

The countdown continues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter