Monday, July 31, 2017

Back up on the desktop

Clever guy, using a portable garden blower to clean
the circuit boards
Its been a crazy and hectic day today.  Aside from all the errands and things to do around the resort and farm, we had to take care of some maintenance problems.  Three air con units are on the blink and we have an air con guy here in the afternoon.  We have 15 air conditioning units of different sizes at the resort and today was the only day we could get this guy to come out because it was a long holiday weekend in the land of smiles and he is in high demand.  We like this repairman because he services all brands of air con units.  We have a mix of Samsung, Hitachi, and Mitsubishi units.  A broken air con unit means a room that is not available for rental so its vital we keep the units running. 

We also clean them about once every 6 months or 1 year, depending on their usage but often that is not enough as we have geckos laying eggs inside the units and ants wanting to make a nest in the wiring.  Then there is the problem of dust, which is impossible to keep out because we are in the countryside.

The desktop PC issue:

Anyway, after replacing the power supply in the PC and plugging it in the new APC UPS unit, the system came right up.  There were a ton of updates that had to be applied so I let them run while I went into town.  So this afternoon was the first time I've been able to find a few minutes to sit in from of my desktop.  It great to be able to read the screen in full size and have a full sized keyboard.

Nothing else happening here except watching the bamboo grass grow and taking care of our guests. Its past 5PM as I am posting this which means that in about 30 minutes the kids will be home from school - that means family time again.  At least I didn't have to do anything for Ella today - the MIL and B took care of that job.  but still ..Where did the day go???  

I have a couple of small cakes for tonight's post birthday party.  Maybe after dinner I can finally kick up my feet and relax a bit..that is, if I can stay awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking or upset about!

Stat Counter